Monday, February 16, 2009

Saturday I started praying, intensely. God and I had a long conversation, lasting most the day. He mostly listened. I mostly asked for Him to change my heart to something sweet. I asked Him other things that I would be embarrassed to tell anyone. Sunday the lesson was God talking back to me, through our youth minister, who gave an amazing lesson. Most if the time I can't really pay attention to much of what is going on at church, but this particular Sunday my mom was attending nursery and took Thing 2 with her, Thing 1 was in Bible Hour and Thing 3 was sleeping. God had a plan for me to hear what he wanted me to hear. I liked most of what I heard and actually had a hard time digesting other stuff I heard. But He meant me to hear it all just the same. And to listen and absorb, I was a plant being pruned, and it hurt. It is still a little too painful to talk about the change my heart is going through for the better, and if I never share it with anyone but my Father, I'm ok with that. My personal experience isn't so much important as the fact that I had an experience, and am renewed. I have the tools now to be better than I was. I'm so excited to be, a better wife, mother, daughter, sister, in-law, friend, and child of God.

1 comment:

  1. I am sooo glad you made a blog!! You have so many great thoughts and stories and I can't wait to read them all the time!

    Now, about this post...very, very cool. I'm so excited for you that you got to experience something like that. I'll be praying that you continue to feel renewed and changed each day. Love you and am so glad to have you as a sister-in-law!

    ReplyDelete